Welcome to the Faculty of Social Sciences and Cultural Studies!
For information regarding the Corona pandemic, please see our
website. It is being updated on a regular basis.
Please check out the Guide for international exchange students and the
HSD information sheet.
Classes held in English- plan for the whole year and learning outcomes
Course overview & learning outcomes for exchange students
Classes held in English - winter semester 2022/23
Classes in english winter 22_23.pdf
• Experimental Detours through everyday Spaces (Course code: G5)
• Social and Personality Psychology (Course code: A2.1)
• International Teamworking Skills (Course code: A2.2)
• Introduction to Children´s Rights (Course code: A3.1)
• Sociological Perspectives on Contemporary Theories of Social Justice (Course code A3.1)
• The Right to the City: Equality, Sustainability and Participation in Urban Realm (Course code: A5.1 or A5.2)
• Theories, Perspectives and Values of Community Music (Course code: A5.1 or A5.2)
• International Perspectives on Social Work and Pedagogy - Part 2 (Course code: SP9.2)
• Elective module (Course code: WM.1 or WA.1)
Usually we publish our list of courses mid January for the following summer semester and by mid July for the following winter semester.
Classes held in English - last semesters
English classes winter semester 2021_2022
English classes summer semester
English classes winter semester 2020_2021
It is also possible to attend
classes from the Faculty of Design. Please let us know in advance, so we can reserve a place for you.
Click here to see the overview of courses offered in English at the Faculty of Design.
Click here to see the overview of Social Work / Social Pedagogy course contents in German.
If you have a good knowledge of German (at least B2*) and you want to attend a class taught in German, please contact our office to see if this is possible. You get an overview of all the classes taught in German
in the list of courses of the Faculty of Social Sciences and Cultural Studies.
Winter Semester 2022/2023
Our classes in English are either block- or long-term classes:
intensive classes (Block i and Block II") during the first two weeks and the last two weeks of the semester. The duration of a block class is usually 5 days. Most of the them have preparatory or follow-up meetings that can be compulsory.
There are also long-term classes that take place throughout the regular teaching weeks.
Winter semester: always 01.09. of each year until end of February of the next year.
Summer semester: always 01.03. until end of August.
This is just the semester period, classes take place during a defined period of time (see below for the next semesters).
(19.09.2022 – 03.02.2023)
- Block I: 19.09.2022 – 30.09.2022
- Longterm-classes: 10.10.2022 – 20.01.2023
- Block II: 23.01.2022 – 03.02.2023
Autumn break: 04.10.2022 – 07.10.2022
Winter break: 24.12.2021 – 03.01.2022
Summer Semester 2023 (20.03.2023 – 14.07.2023)
- Block I: 20.03.2023 – 31.03.2023
- Longterm classes: 03.04.2023 – 30.06.2023
- Block II: 03.07.2023 – 14.07.2023
The teaching weeks of the next semesters and lecture-free days are available
general information about your stay in Düsseldorf, the application and the enrolment, please check the website of the HSD's International Office (for all faculties):
Overview for incoming exchange students
UsefuI information for your stay in Düsseldorf
If you have any questions, please don´t hesitate to contact us!
* According to the Common European Framework of References for Languages (CEF).